Find the Lowest Prices for Home Insurance Online
Save money and get the cheapest policy in 60 seconds
You can protect your possessions from loss or damage in your home as well as more expensive items such as jewellery when you are travelling. Most insurance companies offer excellent discounts when you buy online and the following companies offer some of the best deals to be had for cheap contents insurance. Just enter your details for an instant quote.
Example Discounts and Offers Available
|PROVIDER||FEATURES||SPECIAL OFFERS||GET QUOTE|
|Direct Line home insurance|
Direct Line guarantee to beat the price of your current contents insurance quote
|3 months free|
and 20% discount
|Get a quote|
|Churchill contents insurance
Includes up to 50% no claims bonus if you haven't made a claim in the last 5 years, new for old and £50,000 contents cover as standard
|Up to 50% discount||Get a quote|
It is recommended that you should also compare each household policy quote to ensure the cover taken out is to your requirements and the prices for both under one insurer is cheaper than separate policies. Although contents insurance is not compulsory like buildings cover it can save time and money in the event of a fire or flood and is very affordable.
Guide to Finding Cheaper Prices
Many policies will offer a fixed amount of cover when you enter your postcode together with the type of house you are living in. But is it right for you? There are various ways to reduce your costs to find the lowest possible premium but also areas it's worth thinking about before buying your policy. Here are our top tips to finding the lowest prices :
- Get more than one quote or use a price comparison service
- A higher excess should reduce your premium
- Not claiming on your policy could entitle you to a no claims discount
- Generally the cheapest prices can be found online
- Always check for quotes when you receive your annual renewal letter
- Pay the premium in full to avoid costly interest charges when paying monthly
What Type of Cover Will I Need ?
Although most insurance will cover you for the basics your circumstances may require you to add in additional items. Here are some of the areas to think about :
- Will I need accidental damage protection ?
- Do I have individual items that are valued over £1,000 ?
- Should I select "new for old" if something is stolen
- Do I carry money when out of the house ?
- What is the real value of all my possessions ?
- Will I need home emergency cover for example in the event of a fire or flood ?
When asking for quotes the insurers should present all options but if you miss something you may not be covered.
Contents Insurance Guides
Depending on whether you own your property or rent it as a tenant or are a landlords then your insurance may differ. We have the following specialist guides to help you.